Recently, people have found people management particularly hard – with HR departments spread thin, furlough and just getting out of the routine. It’s been a hard year with priorities all over the place. But, as we head into 2021, we’re here to help you get back on with your appraisals and objective setting.
Why should I bother?
You may be wondering what the point is. Since March, you’ve kept moving and your employees clearly know what they’re doing. But, with the distance between much of the workforce, appraisals are more important than ever – offering opportunities to touch base, ensure your employees are happy and they’re receiving all the support that they require to thrive.
Equally, in difficult times, it’s important to be lean. Appraisals can help you:
- Identify what’s working well
- Uncover what’s not working
- Create an action plan to address this
So, now is the time to set your objectives for the year – determining how you’ll drive forward; make your business more efficient and support your workforce with a full and proper appraisal process.
With that said, we’ve taken the time to collate everything you need to implement a thorough and efficient appraisals process – with plenty of support on how you can set SMART objectives.
A free guide to appraisals
Our free guide to appraisals is a handy download, including:
- Appraisal training workshops for employees and managers
- Formal appraisal policy
- Appraisal and PDP pro forma
- Monthly 1-2-1 progress tracking document
- Appraisals and you – employee support
- Appraiser’s checklist
- A guide to setting SMART objectives
- Setting objectives – a template
- Expert HR support